Skip to main content

CYO Summer Camp


Click Here to enroll your child in CYO Summer Camp 2021!


Session 1 - July 5th – 11th: Freestone (ages 8-10) and Wildwood (ages 12-14)

Session 2 - July 12th – 18th: Freestone (ages 8-10) and Wildwood (ages 12-14)

Session 3 - July 20th – 26th: Middle Earth (ages 10-12) and Stepping Stone (15-17)

Session 4 - July 27th – August 2nd: Middle Earth (ages 10-12) and Stepping Stone (ages 15-17)


We will not be offering the CIT program in 2021 and look forward to bringing it back in 2022!

7-day Session of CYO Summer Camp: $815 

  • The traditional "Early Bird" and "Friends & Family" discounts will not be available for summer 2021. We hope to offer them again in 2022. Thank you for your understanding.
  • Financial Aid will be available on a limited basis for summer 2021. Please submit the form below by emailing it to: or faxing the form to (707) 874-0230

It was our sincere hope to provide our camp community with information about the programs we will be offering this summer many weeks ago. As you can imagine trying to make these decisions without knowing what the conditions will be like in regard to COVID months from now is very difficult. What we have continued to focus on is that kids will need camp in a whole new way after this past year. We would like to provide a space for campers to return to nature, be with friends, and begin to heal as soon as it is safe to do so.

This past week the decision was made to plan for overnight CYO Summer Camp starting immediately. We will spend the next two months registering campers and hiring an amazing staff to work with them in hopes of everyone returning to their camp home in a few months.

We are planning four sessions beginning July 5th. Each session will have two villages (age groups) instead of the traditional four villages to allow for social distance in cabins and between cabin groups. We plan to operate at 40% of our previous capacity. Campers would participate in activities with their buddy cabin and larger group activities would be modified. We would meet or exceed all county and state guidelines. The sessions dates are as follows:

Transportation to and from the Bay Area by bus will not be available for campers this summer. Families will need to drive their campers to and from camp.

We will not be collecting or requesting any payments, including deposits, until we have the green light from the county/state to operate this summer.

In order to have overnight programs this summer we will need approval from either the county or state to operate. This is true for all overnight camps throughout the country. In some states last summer this happened through a statewide decision and in some it was done county by county. We will be continuing to reach out to our local health department in hopes of receiving approval to operate this summer. Part of our decision to begin planning for summer camp includes a cutoff date of when we need to have county/state approval (or know it is coming). If we do not receive the information we need from the county/state by May 1st we will need to pivot to a plan B. Our plan B includes opportunities for Family Camps throughout July and August. We would hope to see many summer campers share their camp home with their families!

Our Impact This Year

  • People Helped


  • Individuals Safely Housed


  • Immigrants Received Assistance


  • Meals & Groceries Distributed


  • Children of Shelters
  • Twitter
  • Salesforce
  • Sangiacomo
  • CommonSpirit Health logo

    CommonSpirit Health logo

  • TheThoresenFoundation_horizontal-logo


© 2021 Catholic Charities of San Francisco

Powered by Firespring