CYO Summer Camp
Catholic Charities CYO Camp, situated among 216 acres of coastal redwood trees, is an awe-inspiring place that enables campers to experience a positive, meaningful and challenging summer adventure. Located sixty miles north of San Francisco near the historic town of Occidental, CYO Camp has been providing summer camp to youth of the Bay area for over sixty years.
Catholic Charities CYO Camp embraces the values and traditions that have made it an exciting, educational, and memorable place for tens of thousands of youth since 1946. Programs are designed to give campers the opportunity to develop self-confidence while making new friends and taking on new challenges as they progress from year to year.
CYO Camp is a Catholic community where children of all religious backgrounds feel comfortable participating in youth-centered programming – including our value-based themes of community, stewardship, and friendship. These programs build upon the incredible legacy that has made CYO Camp unforgettable for campers and staff alike.
CYO Summer Camp aims to:
- Encourage everyone to try new activities.
- Build strong relationships.
- Give all participants a sense of belonging and responsibility for CYO Camp.
- Foster an environment where positive attitudes build an overall positive Camp community
- Build communication and leadership skills.
- Provide a structure within which participants will excel.
- Model spirituality and faith through core values of friendship, stewardship, and community.
CYO Camp Alumni
CYO Camp Alumni seek to re-kindle the spirit of camp among every generation of alumni by:
- Reconnecting alumni with our contemporaries and share what is going on at CYO Camp today.
- Being of service; giving back to a place that gave us so much.
- Ensuring the viability and sustaining our beloved Camp for generations to come.
We are seeking interested alumni from all generations, from Camp’s opening in 1946 through the present day. If you have ever worked at CYO Camp, please join us!